Happy Things, In Twos:
First dining-out meal of the week: panera bread‘s 1/2 creamy tomato soup and 1/2 turkey bacon bravo. An 800-calorie dinner… way over normal.
I’ve added new exercises this week. Since I am looking at at least four dining out events this week, and you just saw the kind of damage we’re talking about, I must workout every day to offset the calorie increase. I plan (plan being the operative word here) to do my routine 30-minute interval swim and 10-minute steam room session every other day, AND…
- Prevention’s 28-Day Challenge: 10-Minute Toners. I started with the modified since I can’t do high-impact yet. So far, so good. And only 10 minutes!
- Yoga. I haven’t done yoga in over a year. I started doing Rodney Yee’s Power Yoga Strength DVD which is only 30 minutes long and so far haven’t been able to finish it all but I know I can do it. Baby steps.
As I always say, Knowledge is Power and there happen to be two awesome events in town this week that I hope will be packed with lots of awesome information.
- On Thursday, I am attending a Fit Fair that promises to provide information on health, fitness, and nutrition including healthy bites and exercise sampling.
- On Friday, I am attending a Nutrition Symposium to discuss how we can use technology to improve nutrition and physical activity and what we can do to fight childhood obesity. I can’t wait!
My Entertainment This Week:
- Reading Divergent, the book, by Friday. So far, I am really loving the story. It’s an easy read and pretty original premise.
- Watching Divergent, the movie, on the weekend. I am 99% sure that the book will be better but it is always fun to watch adaptations.
And finally, I discovered two amazingly hilarious apparel stores from where I will be getting my gym tanks.
- Human offers tops, prints, tote bags, pillows, blankets, ipad and iphone cases with prints that embody the “crazy moments that leave you feeling forever young, wild, and free.” I am bias towards the racerbacks and can’t wait to get me some to completely geek-out at the gym.
- Skreened also sells some crazy tees but will also allow you to design your own. They offer only apparel (including baby onesies) and bags/totes. Some may be a little over the top depending on your own sensitivity level. I wish I were a millionaire and get them all. I’ll get started with the “channing tatum” one. 😉
Here are the ones I will be ordering first (left Human, right Skreened)
Where did Twosdays come from?