TWOSDAY – HAPPY THINGS, IN TWOS
TWO-TIMING MY EXERCISE THIS WEEK:
- IN THE MORNING Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday it’s interval training in the pool for 35 minutes and then 10 minutes in the steam room. Tuesdays and Fridays I do an hour of Zumba
- IN THE EVENING Monday, Thursday, and Friday I do Zumba, Tuesday it’s Yoga, and Wednesday is weight training.
Sounds like a lot? Perhaps. I am finally at 100% since I injured my calf and must get my body used to the gym again. Before I decided to double dip at the gym I read this article on how to workout twice a day. It’s all about balance. So far, so good.
COOKING WITH PRE-MIX SPICES: I am not one to use pre-mixed spices but my awesome foodie penpal sent me two and I tried them this week with great results. Click on the food for pictures.
- Yesterday, I made tuna burgers with Old Bay Seasoning Classic Tuna Cake Mix.
- Today, I made baked chicken with onions, potatoes, and carrots with McCormick’s Garlic, Herb, and Wine Marinade.
THIS WEEK IN BOOKS:
- FICTION: Before watching ABC’s Resurrection I am reading the book that inspired the show, The Returned by Jason Mott. It’s a bit of a case study book. I just got started. Not too long. Should be done by the end of the week.
- NON-FICTION: Got this super interesting… and long… book from the library which I must read by next week. Hopefully I make it. The Better Angels of Our Nature by Steven Pinker is a historical, psychological, and sociological analysis of violence in the world since the beginning of time (well, as back as we can possibly go) giving us hope by showing us that despite the horrors of war, criminality, and deviant behaviors we see today, society is slowly but surely becoming less violent.
THIS WEEK ON TV:
- Already going on week 3 of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey and freaking out about the fact that there are only 10 weeks left. Will be getting the DVD set as soon as it comes out. Every week I learn something new and super exciting about this crazy place I call home.
- Last Sunday, the sixth and last season of Drop Dead Diva started. This is the story of a shallow wanna-be model/actress who dies but through her own mischief gets her soul returned to earth in the body of a little older, size 16, crazy smart lawyer with no high-end fashion style. Throughout the seasons, the show touches on the impossible standards to which women are held and how it affects us. It’s smart and funny and sweet and I am looking forward to the happily ever after but also sad for the show to end.
THIS WEEK ON FOOD/NUTRITION EDUCATION: Started two new and free online courses.
- On Monday, I started Diabetes – a Global Challenge on Coursera.
- And I signed up to an ongoing (can sign up whenever) class on uDemy titled How to Lose Fat and Keep It Off. It has great reviews. We’ll see.
Celebrate Twosdays and link your post at Then Heather Said