APPOINTMENTS ON TWOSDAY
And so begins my first A-to-Z Blogging Challenge.
Today is also Twosday (happy things, in twos), a theme I picked up from Then Heather Said so I’ll try to stay true to both.
- An act of appointing; assigning a job or position to someone.
- An arrangement to meet someone at a particular time and place.
Appointments can be a drab but you can turn it into a fab by looking at hidden opportunities around what you’ve been tasked to do. So I had to go to Washington DC today (well, I drove in yesterday) to drive and accompany my mother to the Venezuelan Embassy to get her new passport (a bit of a drab) but it so happened that the errand took only 25 minutes so I got to have an appointment with an amazing city. The day was beautiful and I was able to enjoy a fabulous time. See? It’s all about making life work for you.
Positive Realizations this week (that start with A)
- Acceptance: My life is currently on a bit of a hiatus. Everything seems on pause… well, that’s not true, I have been making great progress on my health but my professional, academic, and romantic life is pretty much at a stand still. I must accept responsibility for my life and know that it is I who will get me where I want to go, and no one else.
- Ageless: I was pleasantly surprised last week when I took a fitness test and the results made me one year younger. ONE YEAR YOUNGER!!! Yay me! Take the test here.
Tuesday TV Lineup (I got two appointments with the couch)
- MARVEL’s Agents of SHIELD (don’t judge): This is one of my many guilty pleasures. #sorrynotsorry
- Person of Interest: I’m no hacker but I know that the hacking sequences here, as in any tv/movie, are really bad… I don’t care. I love this alternative super-hero show and I am not ashamed to admit it. 😀
Today is also April Fool’s Day, I hope you survived