So, I already mentioned that I am starting a new eating and fitness plan in hope of breaking through the plateau I’ve been stuck in for the last three months. I also needed a reboot after falling through a crappy food binge rabbit hole that made me gain three more pounds… as if I needed that. At this point I am actually two pounds heavier than I was three months ago… I am so mad 👿
Alright… let’s celebrate Twosday, shall we?
New Apps I’m using this week:
- Carrot Fit: This is a hysterical workout app that promises 7-minutes-in-hell workouts. The “trainer” is vicious and treats you terribly while telling you backstories about the different exercises she asks you to do. The actual workout is only 6 minutes long. There are 12 exercises done for 30 seconds each and 10 seconds rest in between. They all have funny and weird names but they are basically a lot of core work. Everybody has 7 minutes to spare. Give it a try. Also, this is for adults, I would not recommend it for children or teenagers.
- Pro Collage: This is a superior photo collage maker and picture stitcher. Way more options than other similar apps that I have used before.
BONUS MENTION: Although the two apps I mentioned are paid apps, I was able to get them for free when AppiDay let me know they were made free for a day. You need this app.
Getting Ready for Fitbloggin. I am so excited to be attending my first Fitbloggin later this month. In preparation I have done some shopping:
- MOO Business Cards: I designed my cards especially for fitbloggin and I can’t wait for them to arrive. I got 50 which should be enough. I figured I won’t be able to connect with every single person and I have an electronic card also that I can share via QR code. I used promo-code BOX10 and got $10 off. The cards with shipping were $16. A good deal, I think.
- Spring apparel: I’ve been making the rounds in search of spring/summer clothes. Since I am in transition I only buy cheap. Check out this outfit: The shirt I got at a consignment store for $3 and the pants are from Belk bought with a 25% off coupon for $16. Cute right?
Adding new tastes to my food:
- I used to have fruit for dinner but this week I moved fruit (higher sugar) to the morning. I got So Delicious Coconut Milk to make smoothies. I tried it today with blackberries, banana, and chia seeds… it was pretty good. Can’t wait to try it with peaches.
- Who needs mayo on their potato salad? Not this girl 😉 Today, I spiced up my roasted potatoes with Raspberry Wasabi Dipping Mustard… YUM!
TV shows that start(ed) this week:
- Major Crimes: As a loyal fan of The Closer, this show is must-watch. I love the new characters and the evolution of the old ones. It’s great that it’s back.
- Graceland: This show took a while for me to get into. I love anti-heroes and once I was sure that the good guy is also a bad guy I was hooked. Can’t wait to see what’s next.
BONUS MENTION: So the second season of Orange is the New Black came out last friday and I binged watched the whole season (13 episodes) in three days… I am so ashamed (I am not). I also have the book which I hope to read soon.
Books I must finish this week:
- The American Heiress: This is my book club’s choice so I will finish it but I really had high hopes for this book and expected it to help me get over my Downton Abbey withdrawal but it has only intensified it. The book is not bad but it is not living up to my expectations. It still has some time to make me change my mind. I’ll let you know if that happens.
- Insurgent: OK… so this is the second book in Veronica Roth’s trilogy. I got it from my local library a couple of weeks ago after being on a very long wait list and now it’s due on Saturday so read read read fast fast fast. It’s good it’s an easy read.
Anything new you started this week?