It all started with a choice. A choice to be happy. Can one be happy for 100 days? That is the challenge presented by 27-year-old Dmitry Golubnichy who started this whole social phenomenon. Earlier this year I came across the project and thought that it would be neat to start the challenge when there were 100 days left in the year therefore ensuring that I finish the year on a high note. Will it work? No idea… but I will try nonetheless.
Here are the things that made me happy this week:
- Day 1: Life is short, choose happiness – because if happiness is a choice why would you choose anything else?
- Day 2: I had a gig on Tuesday and was received with a small piece of cake… I have no idea what the cake was made of but I am pretty sure it’s what heaven (should it be edible) taste likes. It was one square inch of happiness. Also, Fall started.
- Day 3: I celebrated the fact that all my geeky, nerdy, and pop-culture tees fit. Most I bought 3-4 years ago. I am so happy they fit now. Here’s a collage of them (there are more). On that note I’d like to send a shout out to threadless.com where I get most of my fun tees.
- Day 4: On Thursday I was woken up by a facebook message from a very special person who wanted to say thanks for my support. It was such a sweet message (read some of it here) that totally made my whole day… maybe even my week. Being there for someone else is what happy lives are made of.
- Day 5: On Hug a Vegan Day I spread some blog love by sharing some of my favorite recipes from the blogosphere and sending virtual hugs to all my friends.
- Day 6: I watched Doctor Who – #nuffsaid (proof here)
- Day 7: I spend the day with mom starting with a research project on arthritis to put together some food and nutrition recommendations for her sister (helping always makes me happy), then we took a 5-mile walk by the river (pic here), and had a healthy lunch at our local Earth Fare store.
A very happy week I say… I exercised 8-9 hours which was pretty good considering I took two rest days (it was a busy week). I am recovering well from shark week which made me cheat a bit and retain water so I gained 1.8 lbs (about half is gone already). I am nearly done with my philosophy book Plato and a Platypus walk into a bar which took a little to get into but I am now really enjoying. And, I made yummy food all week. #forthewin
I trust you had a great week too
but in case you didn’t… keep in mind that
we start a brand new one tomorrow ready to be conquered 😀
Weekly Words of Wisdom