It’s that time of the week again 😀 and Kat from Mama’sLosin’It provided some really great prompts this week (as always). I’m doing #5 Share a list of some of your most recent favorite things.
As it starts to get cold in my neck of the woods I start to pick up some old habits that I forgot how much I enjoyed.
- Starbucks’ red cup: I love this time of year and sipping on hot yummy drinks. My favorite of the season is their Gingerbread Latte. I usually have a tall one with non-fat milk and no whipping cream. For 150 calories is a treat I can feel no guilt about.
- Colorful Nature Walks: This time of the year is simply beautiful. I love my weekly walks by the river. The colors, the air, everything is beautiful. Check out this picture from last week, and another one from the week before. Aren’t the colors great?
- Banana Bread: I’m not big on sweets (I know, I am weird like that) but during this time it just feels right to bake. I love the smell of something somewhat sweet baking in the evening and to have a treat with a cup of tea. This is my go-to recipe which I have tweaked (well… my mom did) so it’s even lower in calories and fat. I use almond milk instead of yogurt, brown sugar or sweetener instead of honey, and I sometimes add nuts and/or raisins. The last one has carrot. Not bad. 🙂
- Fuzzy Socks: Along with thermal jammies, my fuzzy socks are my favorite item during the cold months. Remember I am from Venezuela and I am used to tropical weather. Anything under 70 F starts to feel chilly. I love fuzzy socks because they are not only super warm but soft too. It’s like walking on pillows. These are my favorite.
- TV Shows Concluding: It’s always bittersweet to see your favorite shows go but everything must end, right? This week I started watching the final seasons of White Collar and The Newsroom and so far so good. I am looking forward to see how the writers and producers end these stories.
Thanks for letting me share
Care to share some of yours?
PS. No, I didn’t forget my homework… I just haven’t done it yet 😀 Today’s The Daily Post Blogging 101 assignment is to write a post that builds on one of the comments you left yesterday. Don’t forget to link to the other blog! This is a great exercise which I will complete… perhaps… tomorrow or over the weekend.