WOW! Time sure flies when you’re having fun. It’s already Thursday… again! Thursdays are also the day I link up with Kat from Mama’s Losin’ It and her wonderful readers and we share our take on her weekly prompts. This week I chose #4 Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you believe.
This should be fun.
FIVE THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME
- I have never broken a bone in my life. I got my fair share of bumps and bruises growing up but never actually broke a bone.
- When I was a teenager my orthodontist discovered that I was missing one of my adult premolars. Since I was having trouble with my last molars he decided that in order to open up space they would take out the other premolar (to make it even) and only two molars. So today, instead of 32 teeth, I have 28. 😆
- Although I am fully bilingual in English and Spanish and I have taught both, I didn’t know what studying a foreign language was until I was an adult when I took French for the first time. I just recently restarted my French studies… and boy is it hard to learn a new language. I am grateful to my parents who made sure I learned both languages as I was growing up and then helped me keep them.
- I am an only child, the first granddaughter in both my mother and father’s side of the family, and I only have one older male cousin on either side. Although my parents both came from big families they stopped with me but I have over 30 cousins, many of which I keep in close contact with (thank you social media).
- Before graduating with a B.A. in Communication and an M.A. in Integrated Marketing Communication (Ph.D. incomplete in Multicultural Marketing Communication) I did one year of Psychology, and two years of Chemical Engineering (in Venezuela you start on the major, no pre-req). I may or may not be in the verge of changing disciplines again. This is my biggest problem in life. I probably should’ve been an actress.
FIVE THINGS I AM KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT
Let me first say this… I am what many people call (including myself), “an infinite source of useless information.” I know a little about a lot of things but not a lot about much.
- My professional training has involved studying multicultural markets in the US. So, I would say that I am pretty knowledgeable about the cultural makeup of this country and its social and marketing implications.
- Although I don’t have a degree in computer science nor do I consider myself very good at coding I have fixed my own computer several times. I am very proud of that. I have also fixed a few home appliances on my own.
- I am an excellent researcher. I have always done very good on my papers and been commended on my ability to summarize findings.
- Packing: I am really good at packing. I am also really good at getting rid of things and that has helped me a lot the many times I have moved.
- Blogging? haha… I’m going to say that I am now pretty knowledgeable about blogging although I probably have quite a bit to learn still.
FIVE THINGS I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT (but wish i did)
- Astrophysics: I am fascinated by this and I wish I could understand more about it.
- World Religions: Although I am not religious myself, I love to understand how religions came to be and how they change overtime. I’d say I’m an amateur religion scholar. But there is so much to know… I have barely scratched the surface.
- Gardening: Well.. really about plants in general I have no knowledge. My mother will walk through a park or drive through places and is able to name many plants… I have no idea what they are. I now have a huge backyard that I would love to fill with food and flowers but I have no idea how to do it.
- Make-up: Honestly… it’s laziness. I love to see my friends in pictures looking all made up and I wish I did the same but the time comes to get ready and all I do is fill my eyebrows and apply some lipgloss… that’s all I know how to do.
- World History: I know quite a bit of Venezuelan and US history but I know very little of the rest of the world. Again… there’s just too much to know and so little time. I’m considering making a 2015 new years resolution to read as many history books as I can. We’ll see.
FIVE THINGS I BELIEVE
- I believe that most people in the world are good.
- I believe that being honest is always the best policy.
- I believe in true friendship and true love.
- I believe that this is the only life we get so we better make it a good one.
- I believe that little ol’ me can make a difference and so can you.
Hey readers… anything we have in common? Anything surprised you? Let me know.