Hello peeps. Today’s post is all about blogging. Well, it’s all about writing and finding things to write about. For me, the hardest part of blogging is figuring out what to write about. This is why I do writing challenges that force me to write everyday. It keeps me committed but it is also very hard.
I have now been blogging for a better part of a year and have learned a lot. I keep an editorial calendar with important dates but I still miss opportunities to write relevant posts. This is why I like writing prompts so much. Thanks Kat for your pretty much world famous writing prompts. The Daily Post also has some pretty cool Daily Prompts that I plan to be checking more often from now on.
Now let’s get to today’s homework:
This is an ongoing monthly challenged prepared by a blogger at My Weigh To Lose. It schedules 24 posts related to weight loss and health. I may give this a shot come January.
This blogger came up with a pretty cool challenge:
1. create a new vegetarian recipe without using quorn but any other protein is acceptable;
2. try to link it to a philosophy or political idea eg feminism; in the name; and try to be creative with your naming – funny or sarcastic or puns – all welcome.
3. post it on the last day of every month;
4. link to this page and repost recipes that inspire you!
Building Rome is a challenge presented by Green Embers and it’s pretty simple:
1. Make a post with your goals for the week and how well you did with the previous weeks goals!
2. Link back to the weekly event post.
3. Visit other people who have linked or commented and cheer them on!
I think we have a winner… Mini Post Monday is the creation of Tempest Rose at Nonsense and Shenanigans and it’s simply a word-vomit post. Sometimes I have little bits of rant that individually don’t make a post but collectively could work under the mini-post banner. We’ll see.
I still haven’t gone through all the events offered so I may change my mind in a bit but I am loving all the inspiration. YAY! for prompts.