I just registered for a new Dietbet which will run from January 21st to July 20th. I also have been eating ALL THE FOOD… and skipping breakfast. I’ve been really bad. To top it off, aunt Flo decided to pay me a visit so I am also in all kinds of moods (and as you can read, without shame).
On better news I clocked 8 1/2 hours of exercise this week including a 2-mile run, had two fabulous friend dates, one with an old classmate I hadn’t seen in a while and one with a group of new friends, and I found a fantastic banana bread recipe that I have now modified and made it even healthier. I may never use whole wheat flour… ever… again.
My Healthy Berry Banana Bread:
Preheat oven at 325 F and prepare baking pan with cooking oil spray (I used an 8×4)
1. Mix all dry ingredients: 1 1/4 cup of oatmeal flour (I just put oats in a grinder) + 2 tbs. baking powder.
2. Mash one large banana – better if it is very ripe.
3. Mix all wet ingredients: 1 egg + 1 tbsp olive oil + 2 tbsp vanilla extract + 1/4 cup almond milk.
4. Mix banana and wet ingredients well
5. Mix everything with a spatula and then add a handfull of raspsberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
6. Pour into baking pan and cover with nuts (I used walnuts).
Bake for 35 min.or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 10 min before serving.
As you can imagine it is not a very sweet bread but it is super healthy and great for breakfast. The lesson I learned is that you can make a perfectly moist and yummy banana bread with no wheat… for the win!
Weekly Words of Wisdom
get out there and try something new
and as always, thanks for stopping by 😀